Looking for a new opportunity?
Position: Community Producer
ArtHouse Jersey and job purpose:
ArtHouse Jersey (AHJ) supports artists to create ambitious work that has a positive impact on our Island community and international audiences.
We want to see art made that Jersey people want to see, hear and experience, particularly those that are most in need in our community. There is comprehensive evidence that the arts bring many health and wellbeing benefits in areas where our society faces major challenges, including ageing, loneliness and mental health. Engagement with the arts makes a positive difference to our citizens and has the power to transform lives.
Central to our mission is making a meaningful impact in our community, and this role will make a major contribution to our efforts. As our new Community Producer you will be responsible for delivering outreach projects to those who may have least access and the potential to benefit most, often in conjunction with strategic partners.
Your time will be exclusively dedicated to community outreach, developing partnerships with Jersey’s wide array of third sector organisations and ensuring that ArtHouse Jersey is contributing to society through its programme and specific outreach activities. An important part of your role will be identifying areas of need and developing new ideas to serve our community.
Central to this role is the collection of evidence and data so as to enable measurement of the effectiveness of our projects, highlight potential improvements, identify effective practices, prove our value to existing and potential funders and achieve clarity and consensus around the purpose of our projects.
1. Drawing from the projects and artists in development, work with the Director to devise, produce and deliver our outreach and community programme. Work closely with the Executive Producer to align these to potential funding partners.
2. Work with the Director and Executive Producer to take community outreach projects, in various stages of development, into production taking full responsibility for the delivery of these projects from budgeting and contracting to staffing, project management and marketing (in coordination with the Marketing and Communications Manager).
3. Develop new community outreach ideas, facilitating collaborations with local and international stakeholders.
4. Build and maintain meaningful strategic partnerships within the community to prioritise, enhance and deliver the outreach and community programme. We always work closely with expert organisations when delivering community engagement: local charities, arms-length bodies, and other cultural organisations.
5. In relation to our seed-funding and residency programme, look for opportunities for outreach, community engagement, further development of work, publicity and interaction with our patrons and corporate partners.
6. Oversee the implementation of a comprehensive impact assessment framework for each project you are responsible for, ensuring that impact measurement is baked into our community engagement programme, deploying a range of tools to effectively measure outcomes and assess long term impact, working with our partners to develop appropriate questionnaires and focus group feedback sessions to develop informed insights into how our projects perform and, crucially, where they can be improved.
7. Work closely with the wider team to produce realistic, deliverable production and project schedules and budgets, with clear project plans and milestones.
8. Recruit and manage freelance project managers, assistants and volunteers as may be necessary for the delivery of your community engagement programme.
9. Research relevant areas of practice, maintaining and growing contacts and see work that is relevant and inspiring.
10. Be an ambassador and advocate for ArtHouse Jersey’s future plans, and act as a key contact point for community partners, maintaining strong relationships throughout.
Other duties & responsibilities:
11. Maintain confidentiality and adhere to all ArtHouse Jersey codes of practice, including health and safety.
12. Carry out other tasks as reasonably required by the Director and Executive Producer.
13. Maintain active and dynamic communications across the staff team about production plans. Attend team meetings, staff meetings, other meetings and training workshops as required.
14. Provide regular information and updates for the ArtHouse Jersey website and social media.
15. Keep up to date with news and activity, alongside external information circulating where it is relevant to our work. Externally, use every opportunity to talk about our projects and work, and share the mission, values strategic aims and impact.
16. Actively engage with a culture of fundraising, work closely with all the team to support this throughout the organisation. Introduce prospects and pass on leads for research to the Director and Executive Producer.
17. Play an active role in ensuring equality of opportunity, in accordance with our ethical and equality policy, and action plan.
– You will have most, if not all of these qualities and be able to evidence them in your application and interview:
– At least three years’ experience of producing professional projects, including preparing and managing significant budgets.
– Extensive experience of working on community outreach projects.
– Awareness of best practice in safeguarding and governance of charitable bodies.
– Strong relationships with partners and understanding of key networks and opportunities for us to tap into.
– Self-motivated and able to work autonomously.
– Able to negotiate contracts with staff, artists and other partners.
– Experience of financial management and budget control.
– Track record of resolving problems creatively.
– Conscientious and a good attention to detail.
– Excellent communication skills, written and verbal.
– In line with all ArtHouse Jersey appointments, this post is subject to both Right to Work and DBS checks.
Due to the current situation with COVID-19, ArtHouse Jersey are asking those potentially interested in the role to contact Matt Fiott, Executive Producer, on email@example.com for more information.